12 March 2020
The Philippine Consulate General informs Filipino nationals residing in the 7 states under its jurisdiction of the following:
1. As of 11 March 2020, German Government health authorities have recorded 1,567 persons infected with COVID-19, which have resulted in 3 deaths. Cases of infection have been confirmed in all federal states, with the bulk of the cases recorded in Baden-Wuerttemberg (277), Bavaria (366) and North Rhine-Westphalia (484).
2. The Consulate encourages members of the Filipino community to follow prescribed guidelines for prevention – wash hands regularly, avoid touching public surfaces, cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing, and seek medical care if feeling ill. Avoiding large gatherings and unnecessary travel, especially to high-risk areas, is also recommended to minimize the chances of exposure to the virus.
3. Among sources of updated information pertaining to the situation in Germany with regard to COVID-19 are the websites of the Federal Ministry of Health (www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de) and the Robert Koch Institute (www.rki.de). Everyone is encouraged to be apprised of developments and to follow appropriate recommendations.
4. Currently in effect in the Philippines is a temporary travel ban for passengers arriving from or transiting via China, Macau, Hong Kong and parts of South Korea (province of Gyeonsang, Daegu and Cheongdo). Exempted from this ban are Filipinos and their spouse/children, foreigners with Philippine permanent resident visas and members of the diplomatic corps.
5. With regard to announcements made on 12 March 2020 by Philippine Government officials concerning “community quarantine” over the National Capital Region and by local government units, the Consulate shall issue appropriate advisories on the matter upon receipt of official guidelines.
6. For Filipino nationals requiring emergency assistance, the Consulate’s Assistance-to-Nationals Officer may be reached at +49 151 5354-6841. During work hours, the Consulate may be contacted through telephone number +49 69 870-066-900 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Consulate is actively monitoring the situation and shall provide updates as necessary.
Maraming salamat at mag-ingat po tayong lahat!
Consulate General of the Philippines
Leave a Reply