APPLYING FOR A TRAVEL DOCUMENT
A travel document may be issued to Filipinos who have lost or damaged their passports or who otherwise urgently need to travel back to the Philippines but are unable to fully comply with the requirements for the issuance of a regular passport at the time of the emergency.
Such emergencies include life and death situations, serious illness, bereavement of immediate family, and other threats to a person’s safety and livelihood.
A travel document is only valid for 30 days upon issuance.
Filipinos who are in Germany for tourism or short-term study and have lost their passport may be issued a Travel Document to allow them to return to the Philippines.
A Filipino who lost his passport in Germany and resides in a third country may be issued a Travel Document for direct, one-way travel to the Philippines. This travel document cannot be used to travel to another country.
- Duly-accomplished travel document application form
- Four (4) photos with white background (standard European passport-size photos)
- Copy of applicant’s airline reservation/booking (please ensure that your flight itinerary does not have a layover in any Schengen/EU-member country)
- Present Philippine passport, or the photocopy of data page of lost Philippine passport
- In case of a lost passport: Submit Affidavit of Loss, Police Report, and photocopy of birth certificate and/or marriage contract (in the case of married women)